Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Revisiting My Writing Process

Oh man this brought back soooo many memories.  Even though this was only a few months ago, it is crazy to think how much I have done since January not only in this class but throughout this whole school year.  In this blog post, I am reflecting on some of the first blog posts that I created.  They were on my writing process (being a heavy reviser) and my Calendar Reflection.

    Not too much has changed in how I start my writing process since when I first started analyzing how I approached the whole writing process.  I think that my approach is still just do a whole really really rough version of the essay or whatever it is that I am making and then find the time to really crack down on the whole editing thing.  I have found that that is where I am most successful.  When I am able to just get all of my ideas out on the first draft and then be able to just edit and cut things or add things from there.  As long as I am able to actually get all of my original ideas out (no matter how rough they really are) it is really helpful for me to get all of that out somewhere so that I don't have to worry about losing those ideas later on when I am trying to cram everything into one night.

     However, the way that I manage my time and the amount of time that I spend on each of these projects.  I have learned that I do not work well under a time constraint.  I really learned a lot about myself this semester with all of these projects.  I realized that I need to start working on projects way earlier and get the blog posts done earlier in the week so that on the weekends I can spend more time focusing on the actual projects.  I also realized that I needed to spend a lot of quality time learning how to use the different applications on my laptop to make some of the projects.  I had to remember how to work GarageBand and iMovie again.  Other than that, I still think that I work real hard on everything.  I definitely think that all of this will help me in the future with my job working with people and learning how to properly and professionally communicate with all different kinds of audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment