Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Revised Post to Peer Reviewers

Here is where my final edition of my video essay will be posted.

FINAL CUT: Here

Audience Question: What are you anticipating the post-production process to be like, based on what you accomplished during the production phase?
I thought that this week went rather nicely compared to the actual production phase when I was not very successful with the amount of work that I was able to get done. That being said, I thought that it was really good to be able to see the suggestions that I was given through my peers. I thought that seeing what other people thought about my project was extremely helpful considering that I had been staring at the project for hours sand hours on end. I thought that I was going to go crazy but to have more feedback was extremely helpful.

For anyone that is editing or peer reviewing my video, just know that I put in a lot of time and a lot of effort into this project and I made a lot of different edits and drafts so that the script would sound nice and organized. However if there is something that you think would make or break the whole video essay that is vital to the purpose or any of the rhetorical strategies, please let me know. Otherwise, I don't think that there is much that could be wrong with this. I have had a lot of people who were not knowledgable on the subject of screen time but it was very easy for them to understand and they thought that it was really well done (NOT TO TOOT MY OWN HORN AGAIN)... I am just really proud of the work that I have put into this video essay.
The only weakness that I can think of is that some of the pictures that I used may be too repetitive in a way even though they are not the same pictures used more than once.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Your video essay was really neat! You were able to use the genre conventions well and had plenty of information that supposrted the argument you were making. I totally agree with you on what you're saying. You did a really good job ousing oncentiona sn the contnetn you included. The only thing I would say you could do is maybe include actual video cuts of things, like children being entranced by TV or a computer or them throwing a tantrum. I think it would help keep the audience a bit more entertained. Besides that, I think your video essay looks great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your use of pictures and examples for your project. You did a good job at adding some source material into the video. However, one of the points made by one of your sources was that 7 screen changes in 20 seconds was excessive. This caused an incoherent story telling. While your pictures didn't change quite as often, I felt like the same thing was happening in your video. In my opinion you contradicted that point. Also, I personally think you should have introduced yourself, but that seems less important for this genre.

    ReplyDelete