Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Peer Review for Michaela Harrington

This is where I will locally edit Michaela Harrington's podcast on Fracking.  I made a re-design recommendation for her project.

On her post I made sure to discuss her use of genre conventions for a podcast.  Since it had a good amount of opening music and sound effects, it really made a good impression and made me want to keep listening to her podcast and what she had to say about these earthquakes.  I thought that it would help to keep those sound effects as solid throughout the rest of the podcast however.  I think that without these sound effects and the music, the podcast might be a bit dull and not keep the audience entertained for that long since there are no visuals in a podcast.  The audio and the background noises are vital for good podcasts to be effective.

I made sure to mention that the sources are a good part to the podcast.  On page 72 of the Student Guide she follows really well the bullet points that explain how to properly use the sources in her podcast so that her claims are supported well and the audience has a sense of credibility towards her and her knowledge on this specific topic of "fracking".  I really admire how she speaks with an ease to her and it flowed very nicely and was very easy to understand which is a really important aspect of a podcast since the audio is the only way that the audience can interpret the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment