Friday, April 15, 2016

Peer Review for David's Podcast on Comedy

In this blog entry, I will be editing (globally) the podcast that David made on the subject of Satire disappearing in comedy.   It is called "Satire is Making Way for Absurdism".

     Here are the comments that I left on his blog post.  For this peer review, I chose to use the copy- editing recommendation for David because his design seemed to be just fine.  In this edit, I made sure to compliment his use of examples as well as his laid back voice that would relate well to the type of audience that would listen to his podcast.  I did also mention that maybe his laid backness might seem to ruin his credibility a little bit with the small mistakes he makes when speaking, but at the same time, he included a lot of information that was legit and supported his claims very nicely. On page 72 of the Student's Guide, it brings up sources, and I complimented his use of good sources because they are well known sources, like Saturday Night Live.
    I think that if anything, I just helped David understand that there should be a good balance between the laid backness of his tone and his credibility and sincerity as well.  I really admired his use of comedy in the opening of the podcast though because it got me intrigued immediately.  So good job David!



No comments:

Post a Comment