Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Editorial Report 13b

Here is the blog post that will be one of the final edits (locally) of the video essay.  I will be comparing it from how it was in the rough cut to the final cut.

1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
The content changed a lot since I re-edited it. This is because I really worked out all of the kinks that were present in the rough cut. I made sure the things that I was saying the background made enough sense and was clear enough to be understood by an audience who didn't know much about this subject. I also think that this final cut is much more smooth than the other rough cuts. I worked on my word choice and the organization of how I told the information to the audience. I wanted the information to flow in a nice way that would all make sense so that it wasn't a complete mess of ideas going back and forth leaving the audience quite confused. It is because of these changes that I think that I was able to more effectively communicate with the audience about this specific topic. Since this involves a little bit of science to understand the negative effects of the immense amounts of screen times, I thought that it would only be more beneficial to break the info down in a way that would more easily be understood for those who aren't aware of what some might say is "easy" science.

2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
As I said above, the form changed when I re-edited it because I made the transitions much more smooth. I made sure that the pictures weren't being switched too quickly and that the music wasn't overpowering my voice. I also made sure to lower the volume of the background music so that it wasn't taking away the importance of what it was saying. I wanted the music to just be there so that it wasn't complete silence and then just my voice the whole time. I picked a simple little guitar medley that stayed constant throughout the whole podcast. I also made sure to include sources at the end of the video, as well as little texts throughout the video on the important details to make sure that the audience REALLY could understand through my voice AND through visuals. I highlighted the even more important parts of those pieces to further point out its importance.

Selection from Rough Cut: here

Re-Edited Version: here (0:53-1:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment