Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Emily Bond

In this blog post, I am reviewing the rhetorical analysis of Emily Bond's Project 3.

Emily's Rhetorical Analysis for Project 3

       For this peer review, I selected the brainstorming activity for her rhetorical analysis of Project 3.  This activity went over the detail and the development of the blog post, how successfully she understood the Project 3 assignment, and I included other ideas or approaches to this assignment.  I think that I helped Emily feel more confident about her work and what she has planned for this project.  It seems that she is getting ready to do a QRG, however, it was not clear which genre she was going to use.  However, it is important that she was very confident that she knew what she needed to do to complete this project and successfully make a good argument about obesity.  I think that had I not told her that what she was doing was correct and that she was on the right path, there may have been some doubts going into the project and she may have been missing some very important aspects of her project when she went to do the content outline. From the Student's Guide readings, she did a very good job with the main triangle of rhetorical analysis.  For example, the author question that she answered was very detailed, and she seemed to come off as very confident in what she was doing and her knowledge in the topic of obesity in the US.
     One thing that I really admired about her work was that she really made this her own.  She was not afraid to speak her mind and just say what it was exactly that she was and was not planning on doing.  I still need to work on incorporating more of a voice into my blog posts because I need to learn how to better my voice in writing assignments as a whole. I think that if I do what Emily does, and make my voice apparent in the blog entries, then it won't be as hard to incorporate my voice into actual writing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment