Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report A

This is the blog post where I will be analyzing a very very rough cut of the opening section of my video essay.

OUTLINE ITEM 

Opening Section:
Main Idea: Describe the argument, the solutions, and the bad arguments (the one that says that screen time does not need to be limited). And then briefly describe the opposing side of the argument (the one that I am on) and why it is important that screen time should be limited for kids, especially those that are toddlers and younger or in preschool.
How to grab the reader's attention: Add large, colorful captions, and intriguing music, and bring up the irony of this project and my argument that I am opposing.  Add pictures, memes, something that the parents can relate to.






1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
I decided that the video essay was the best way to present this topic because in order to really relay the importance of not letting such young kids spend so much time in front of a screen was going to need not only audio, but visual effects as well. I think that without this help from both parts of the video essay, the point would not have been belabored as well. I think that the audio is important because you can here my voice and the amount of emotion that I had towards this subject. I think that this is a very important aspect of the project.
       
2. How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
I think that the conventions of my genre, the video essay influenced my choices because I wanted to be able to show videos and pictures of the effects of the screen time on children. Without the use of the videos and the pictures, and my voice, I think that the point would not have been proven as well that technology and screen use is bad for kids that are younger than 3 years old.


3. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
      I think that the production went really well of the raw material.  I think that it could have gone better if I wasn't so stressed out. But I think that had I not really known how to work iMovie, I would have struggled a lot more.  The most challenging part was deciding which points I wanted to discuss first.  I think that next week will definitely be much more efficient.  I did however have an epiphany because I remembered that videos could actually be uploaded straight onto the blogger website.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!
    I reviewed your production report!
    Here is the link to it!
    http://siennawillis.blogspot.com/2016/04/peer-review-11a.html

    ReplyDelete