Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Production Report 8a

In this blog entry, I will be picking an item off of my list of things to do this week and I will include that as a raw portion as well. A small excerpt of my podcast will be included on this blog post so that y'all can listen to how some of my project is coming slowly but surely.


Outline Item: Opening of Podcast

"Clearly state what the field of study I am interested in and who the people were that I interviewed.
(Pettygrove and Bueno, what they do, what's important about it, what are the genres they use).  Also make sure to include the purpose of this podcast- discovering the genres of the people I interviewed.

**How to grab readers' attention in opening:

  • Start with the description of public health and Occupational therapy (summary/definition)
  • Make sure that I sound super interested in what I am talking about
  • Maybe include the part of the interview with Bueno where she is discussing why she is so in love with her jobs?"

Raw Material of Opening:

The podcast snippet can be found here.  Just click on the bottom link with the title English Project 3:8:16 and download it.  It will transfer to your iTunes and play there.  It was the only way I could figure out how to get the .mp3 file to upload onto blogger. 

Audience Questions:

1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
I thought that a podcast was the best form to present the content I was given in the blurb of my raw material posted above. I think that podcasts are more for getting a gist of something instead of listing off important pieces of information that the audience needs to see visually to understand the concept. Since this project is just discussing the professional writings that are done by people in the fields that we are interested in, I figured that speaking about this subject would be most useful in getting the information across. The conventions of a podcast include excerpts from the interview as well as a summary of what is what spoken by me. I think that my voice will be more clear through a podcast where I am actually speaking than if I were to write this out. I also think that hearing what Pettygrove and Bueno say and how they say certain things are more evident when the audience can hear their actual voices speaking on the podcast.

2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
      The production of the raw material was a bit bumpy.  It took me awhile to remember the ins and outs of Garageband.  It also was a bit hard to figure out what it was exactly that I wanted to include in the opening and what things were and were not important to say.  So the writing portion of the raw material was also hard.  However, I think that this helped me feel more confident in working with garageband and knowing what is important to include in this project. Uploading the snippets onto blogger from Garageband was also very difficult and time consuming.  I could not find videos on YouTube that could have helped me a bit, so the technology part of this was not very fun for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment