Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

     This is going to be a blog entry about the first peer review that I complete.  I looked over Mariana Chacon's QRG on Nina Pham's law suit against Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.  This is the rubric that I graded her with, included with comments and points.

NIAID. "Ebola Virus".  08/11/14 via Flicker.
Creative Commons Generic License. 
     After reading Mariana's QRG, I felt more confident in how I did my QRG, because they were pretty similar and had a similar sense of organization.  After seeing how the organization really helps with understanding the information well, I realized how important it is to make sure the sequential part of relaying information is extremely important.  We both have subtitles to separate the topics into different sections, so it isn't just a giant essay on something.  It is much easier to direct the reader through the massive amount of information.  I do think that I need to work on improving the embedment of my quotes.  Mariana did a very nice job of highlighting the important quotes and then discussing the quote later on.  I think that would make a big difference in my QRG.
      One mistake that she made in her QRG was not citing her pictures, but I told her how it might help to do a works cited at the bottom of the QRG if she can't get the caption underneath the picture.  Another mistake she made is that she did not fully describe the stakeholders as much as we are asked to.  I realized that I should improve on the descriptions of my stakeholders as well because it helps the story develop.
     One of the things that Mariana did in her project that I really liked, was her sense of color and the way that she formatted her QRG.  It really brought my attention to the important things of the controversy, and kept me interested.  I think that would help to include in my QRG as well.  Another thing that she included that I thought was very effective was her use of quotes and how she embedded them.  As I said earlier in this blog post, they bring the reader's attention to something that was said by someone very important that also helped keep the reader interested in the topic.  I want to learn how to properly embed quotes like she did, so that my readers will continue to stay intrigued in the information I present to them, and so it catches their attention to focus on more important quotes of the story.

     I finally feel good about my project after seeing other QRGs.  So that's super exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment