Thursday, February 18, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

This is me being brutally honest about how I feel.  I am going to speak the truth and nothing but the truth.  I am going to speak my mind and tell you exactly how I feel about finishing this project.

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall.
      I am just going to go right out and say it, I worked damn hard on this assessment and I put my best efforts into it.  I think that if I read this article about the vaccinations, I would find it super informative and easy to understand for someone who doesn't know anything about the subject.  I feel really confident about the work that I submitted.  I definitely would not be feeling so confident about my work had I not put as much work and time into perfecting it.

Schwartz, Barry.  "Pinocchio". 02/16/11 via Flicker.
Creative Commons Noncommercial Generic License. 
2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.
     I think that the only weaknesses of the project that I submitted are the amount of pictures that I included in the document.  I only had three because the pictures online that were for public use were extremely limited.  I didn't want some random picture of a nurse from the 40's so I could not include as many as I had originally wanted.  I think that pictures are very important for keeping the reader's attention and separating the wordiness a bit.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.
     I think that the organization and format of the QRG is one of the major strengths in my document.  I really tried to model it off of the examples that were posted on D2L.  The blank space that I included was strong in my opinion.  I also think that the chronology of the story that I told was well-developed.  The chronology is important to have down correctly because if the story is not told in the correct order, the information can be skewed and the reader will be left with incorrect information.  I also think that the sub headlines are a strong part of the document.  It is good for the separation of information and the organization as a whole.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails....
       I definitely started off this project with the thought that I was going to drown in blog posts.  And for a while I was drowning.  I was underwater for a while there, however, in the production week, somehow I discovered a system and now I don't feel like the time management should be too much a problem for me.  My problem was not that I didn't leave enough time to write my first draft, but that I felt like once I finished one blog post, I didn't even make a dent in the amount of entries I had to do.  I definitely felt like this project was going to be the death of me, but guess what?! I made it! I'm alive! And what's even better is that I feel like I really did a good job on this project.  I am surprised that I got through everything, but it just really took some planning and good time management skills to get through all of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment