Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Editorial Report 15b

Here is where I am going to compare and contrast my editorial report 14a to my newest draft of this second paragraph for all y'all.  This is the paragraph(s) that discussed the importance of discovering who I was as a writer and how I have changed over the semester.


1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
I don't think that the content changed all that much. If anything, I made sure that the formatting was correct and that the paragraphs were not too long (I had to separate a few of them into multiple paragraphs because they were too long). I also added some more substance to my ideas if that makes any sense. So I just included more details to what I had originally had so it wasn't just summarizing or bland talking. I think that I 'spiced it up a little bit' so that it is more interesting to read for the audience.  

2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
I think that the only way the form changed was that I added the MLA format header and footer that I had completely forgotten about in the original draft of my final project. After seeing some of the other standard college essays that were completed, I realized that I needed to include those aspects in order to fully grasp the true elements of the standard college essay genre. I think that now it seems like I really learned a lot in this English class about professionalism and writing and the relationship that the two have on the content of the genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment