Friday, January 29, 2016

Considering Genre

For this blog entry, I will explain what genre I am going to use to best inform others of my postmortem controversy on vaccinations in California with the SB 277 bill.  Since it is the first project, I am absolutely terrified on how it will all go down, but I am confident that I know my story well enough to present it in an appropriate way.

AttaneaGoddess. "WWRI Someecard Issue 2-409 Stress". 10/31/13 via Deviant Art.
Creative Commons Non-commercial Generic License.
1. What genre am I going to commit to for Project 1? Why?
     I am going to do the Quick Reference Guide as my first genre for Project 1 because I am not the most confident writer, and since the first project is worth the least amount of points, I would like my bad writing to not affect my grade as much as it would later on in the semester.  I also picked a Quick Reference Guide as my genre for this project because I feel that the best way to explain the details of this controversy is through writing them.  With exact facts and statistics, I think that it is easiest to read rather than to hear them when trying to comprehend the significance of those facts and details.  The information is also pretty intriguing, at least in my opinion, so reading about this specific controversy really won't be a bore.

2. What genre conventions from my chosen genre am I planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do I plan to do with the genre conventions that will help me accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?
     I plan to outline the QRG by having an intriguing title, as well as an introduction paragraph that will keep the reader interested to want to finish reading the rest of the document.  I am also going to need to correctly use the different links that I have found with reliable information so that the reader has a way to learn more about a specific topic that is brought up in the story but won't be discussed because of relevance. By having a title, introduction paragraph and proper links, I think that writing the Quick Reference Guide won't be as bad as I originally thought it would be.  Research and organization for this document is what will either make or break my project since the purpose of the postmortem controversy is to inform without bias or opinion.

3. How am I feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do I anticipate next week as I create content for the project?
     I am definitely not as extremely overwhelmed as I was at the beginning of the Pre-production phase when I thought my head was going to explode.  However, even though I have a solid amount of sources to find credible information, and I know the ins and outs of the story well, the actual putting together of the Quick Reference Guide will still be challenging.  Planning has never been my forte, so it will definitely take a lot of patience out of me and dedication to making sure that everything is organized well before starting the first draft.  Time will really be the only big issue next week in the Production phase since I have three exams Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in other classes.  Other than that stress, I am feeling pretty confident about my production phase plan and my first few drafts of the QRG.

SIDE NOTE: This is how I felt about a week ago about everything that I had to do for this project.  This is how I feel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment